We are an intersectional socialist-feminist collective of activists who believe NYC needs an unapologetic grassroots movement to fight for full abortion and reproductive justice.
reproductive justice forever
the right to maintain personal bodily autonomy, have children, not have children, and parent the children we have in safe and sustainable communities
—SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective
Our work focuses on destigmatizing and fighting for abortion and reproductive justice through collective education and building community power against those trying to prevent us from accessing healthcare with dignity.
We hope you join us!
- A free and equal society MUST begin with FULL ABORTION & REPRODUCTIVE JUSTICE FOR ALL. We must have full autonomy over our bodies and medical decisions and giving birth must be a voluntary decision.
- We want FREE, SAFE & LEGAL ABORTION ON DEMAND, no restrictions, no parental consent forms, no waiting periods, no 20-week bans, no economic or racial barriers to access.
- Politicians and NGOs might at times be allies, but winning full abortion NECESSITATES A FIGHTING GRASSROOTS MOVEMENT that democratically makes decisions about political tactics, responses, and demands, independent of parties, NGOs, and lobbyists.
sign up for our e-mail list here.
- Manhattan Mobilization Defends Clinic From Anti-Choice ProtestersReport on successful mobilization in defense of a reproductive health clinic in Manhattan, New York, which blocked a group of anti-choice protesters who for years have harassed patients. Read in It’s Going Down.
- A Fight to Defend Abortion in Brooklyn: Clinic Defense and New York City for Abortion RightsBrooklyn, NY – When a group of Catholic anti-abortion extremists began protesting outside a Planned Parenthood clinic in Brooklyn, a local pro-choice organization called New York City for Abortion Rights (NYCFAR) took to the streets and waged a grassroots campaign to defend open access to abortion without harassment. After months of clinic defense and a … Read more
- Abortion Rights Activists Fight Back With Mutual Aid and Direct Action in 2022It is difficult not to feel an overwhelming sense of defeat and fear for the year ahead in reproductive health and abortion rights as the Supreme Court deliberates on the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health case. Brought against Jackson Women’s Health Organization, which runs the last abortion clinic in Mississippi, this case could reshape abortion … Read more
- House Oversight Won’t Hurt, But the Fight for Abortion Is Waged at GrassrootsThe fight for abortion rights is not a top-down effort — it is and always has been staged on a grassroots level. Indeed, the right has made extensive use of these tactics. Far from the liberal call not to “politicize” abortion, the right sees the clinic space as a political territory to be conquered, and … Read more
- Anti-abortion politics are far right politicsFor over forty years, abortion clinics in the U.S. have served as a theater for right-wing spectacle, featuring pickets, religious processions, arson, and even murder. Megan Lessard describes the history of the anti-abortion movement in the U.S. and explains that it is an important part of the growing threat posed by the far right. Read on … Read more
- The Fight for Abortion Must Be Part of the Fight for Medicare for AllAnti-abortion advocates have gained ground in recent decades by separating abortion from health care overall. We have to see abortion rights as an integral part of the fight for Medicare for All.
- The Abortion Rights Movement Must Rethink Its StrategyIn the face of an aggressive assault by the right, the abortion rights movement should abandon its defensive stance and advocate fully integrating abortion into the country’s healthcare system.
- Abortion Access Will Only be Won Through a Broad Grassroots MovementThe attacks on abortion rights aren’t new. Here, Anne Rumberger explains why we can’t trust the Democrats, we have to build a movement for reproductive justice.
- Defend Your ClinicsIt’s time for an abortion rights movement that’s not directed from the top-down by the Democratic Party and big nonprofits. Clinic defense is a crucial part of that mass, democratic, and militant movement.
- “Shout Your Abortion!”The Alabama abortion ban and the spate of draconian “heartbeat” laws are vicious attacks on reproductive rights. We have to fight back with an unequivocal demand: free abortion on demand.
- Why I Believe It’s Important to Reclaim the Space in Front of Abortion ClinicsPutting my body in the street has raised the stakes for me.
- Planned Parenthood Asked These Pro-Choice Activists Not to Rally Outside Its Clinic. Here’s Why They Did Anyway.Under Trump, strategies have diverged.
- Why We Counter-ProtestAnti-abortion groups have called a nationwide day of protest at Planned Parenthood clinics on February 11 to support defunding the women’s health-care provider. They intend, according to their website, “to call on Congress and President Trump to strip Planned Parenthood of all federal funding and reallocate those funds to health centers that help disadvantaged women without … Read more